Posted on | April 27, 2012 | No Comments
15 Spine Device Company Leadership Moves (Laura Miller @ Beckers)
Here are 15 leadership moves within spine-focused device companies.
- Les Cross, former non-executive chairman of Alphatec Spine, was named chairman and CEO of the company while former president and CEO Dirk Kuyper became president of global commercial operations and remained on the company’s board of directors.
- Alphatec Spine also named former DJO Global leader Mark Francois senior director of investor relations.
- Michael Plunkett was named the vice president of operations for Alphatec Spine after serving as managing director with First Marblehead in Boston and 24 years in the United States Navy.
- Salt Lake City-based spine device company Amedica named Eric Olson president and CEO of the company.
- Ascendx Spine appointed Eric W. Gilbert vice president of sales and marketing for its United States operations.
- Magnus Persson, MD, was elected to the Ascendx Spine board of directors.
- Globus Medical appointed Richard A. Baron, a veteran of more than 30 years in financial management, senior vice president and CFO.
- Lanx named spine surgeon Andrew Cappuccino, MD, as chairman of its surgeon advisory board and five other spine-focused surgeons were named as board members.
- LDR Holdings appointed Robert E. McNamara CFO and former CFO Dennis Hyson became the company’s senior vice president of global finance.
- Orthofix named Brad V. Niemann as senior vice president of commercial operations for the company’s global spine business.
- SI-BONE, a company that focuses on minimally invasive treatment for sacroiliac joint dysfunction, named Michael Mydra vice president of health outcomes and reimbursement.
- Simpirica Spine appointed Milena Ridl as vice president of international sales and marketing, where she will be responsible for expanding commercialization of the company’s LimiFlex Spinal Stabilization System.
- SpineSmith named Matthew Murphy a senior scientist with the company.
- Wilmington, N.C.-based spine device company TranS1 appointed Jeffrey Fischgrund, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Mich., to its board of directors.
- Minneapolis-based Zyga Technology named Jim Bullock president and CEO.