How to prevent yourself from ever joining a Startup in 10 easy steps.
If you want to eliminate yourself from opportunities in the startup world, do these 10 things.
- Hang in there at your current company for that next promotion that has been promised. You can get it. You might very well outlast everyone and get that promotion.
- Get more degrees, perhaps an MBA, and have your employer to pay for it. This will create a financial dependency with your employer.
- If an opportunity for a phone interview doesn’t sound good, just pass on it.
- Don’t do anything crazy to mess up your spouse’s job. Always be thinking about your spouse’s career also.
- If you are really interested in joining a small company, wait until the startup has strong sales and is profitable before making the move.
- Put down strong roots in your local community so that your next job must be within 30 miles of your house.
- Wait for the perfect business conditions and personal situation before you jump to a startup.
- To make your resume look solid, stay at your current employer a bit longer. You don’t want to look like a “job hopper”.
- Don’t waste time reading and learning about startups. And there is no need in talking with friends who have taken these risks.
- Build personal debt. Buy a giant house, fancy cars and alot of toys. You deserve it.