Robin Youngs predictions at the 2010 Stem Cell Summit in NYC
- The 2020 market for stem cells will be $8B, and 35-40% percent of that market will have direct orthopedic applications
- Over the past 5 years, ~ 60,000 patients have been treated with either allograft or autologous stem cells in the US
- Not one single patient has reported an adverse reaction to FDA, not one!
- 1 in 10 surgeons have tried or are intending to try to incorporate some form of therapeutic stem cells in their practice.
- In 2009, allograft stem cell products were used in ~ 24,600 cases in the clinical setting. In 2010 it is estimated that number will increase to ~ 34,000.
- By 2013, it is estimated the number of cases using mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) will exceed those using BMP – the original allograft therapeutic.
5th Stem Cell Summit… http://www.stemcellsummit.com/