What a great 2018! I was humbled by the many Ortho friends and colleagues who have reached out to me last year.
2018 was a big year for the blog. Closing in on 2 million views on OrthoStreams. Here are the MOST READ stories in 2018, really a strange mix of topics.
- Mergers and Acquisitions in Orthopedics (by date)
- 🔸Hot Startups (just my opinion)
- Disruptive Trends in Orthopedics
- Dear CEO, the future of orthopedics is software
- The Artificial Meniscus, a “game-changer” for early OA, is being tested in US clinical trials
- The Future of Marketing in Orthopedics
- Who is Reinhold Schmieding?
- 🔸LIVE Orthopedic Opportunities
- Warning! High revision rates with Smith and Nephew Journey BCS knees
2018 was a crazy year for acquisitions. There were some big ones, some spine ones and some puzzling ones by Private Equity.
The key Acquisitions in 2018 are listed by date here.
- Look for silly money to be spent on Robotics technology as this is the new “space race” in Orthopedics [more].
- Software products will slowly become more important than hardware products [more].
- 3D-printed implants will be used in every procedure [more].
- Same day procedures will expand to the more complex surgeries [more].
- Wearables will come to all procedures for better outcomes [more].
- Look for more acquisitions in imaging and AI.
- VR surgical training will slowly replace traditional surgical training for all procedures [more].
- Class III startups will become rare as the unpredictable FDA makes this area un-fundable [more]
- True AR surgery is still years away, but here are 3 startups to watch [more]
Thank you again for your support.
How can I help you in 2019?